Monday, December 15, 2014

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


Well this week was amazing! We had so many things that happened, First off three of our investigators that we have been working with, Gabriel, Laysla, and Lislia, for the last 5 weeks were finally baptized!!! These 3 were referrals from members. It was an amazing experience being able to see them baptized and the members baptize them. It was awesome! It truly is going to be a "White Christmas" Here in sunny Brasil!!!! Unfortunately I won't be able to participate with the other people who we have been working with. They should be baptized here in a few weeks and I am super excited for them!! The investigators that we have met in Linhares are awesome can't wait to hear when they are able to go to the temple. Gabriel has been HOOKED with indexing with the member who gave us the referral!! Rikelmy and Gabriel asked us after the Priesthood meeting what indexing was and if we could show them how it works. We went over to their house on Tuesday and taught them about it and they have already done about 100 records. They are both young men and are loving the help that they are giving to the Lord when they do these things.
 

Then Laysla and Lislia were baptized and it was way cool but we had a bit of an adventure. Gilvano wanted to sing a song with Elder Torres and I and Elder Gonçalves... So we have it planned and when it was Gilvanos turn to do a solo. He started dancing and singing and who knows what.... Oh my gosh... THERE GOES THE SPIRIT! It was funny... Inappropriate for the moment but funny. But it all worked out and we were able to get the spirit back until I opened up the door to the baptismal font and smashed my finger and yelled "Aaaiiii!!!!!" Yeah a lot of people laughed.... Haha oh well. I tried to hold it in and act like nothing happened unfortunately I was
a little louder than I realized.

But other than that there were just a whole lot of blessings that the Lord gave us this week!!! It was a great week. Can't wait to tell you all about the adventures that I have next week. Thanks to everyone for the presents and the money! Rachel and Chad, last Monday I was able to get some good ol Brazilian BBQ!! Thanks for everything that ya'll do for me.

Love you all to the moon and back!!!!
 
Elder Stilson

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment