Monday, January 12, 2015

God's Love

 
Hey Everyone,
These past 2 week I have learned a lot of things. This week we had the baptism of Dhyemerson. This kid is so awesome!!! We went to his house almost every day this week and asked him about what he's been learning. We  asked him if he was drinking coffee and he said no. Then his little friend, Daniel, said "No he hasn't been drinking because I tried to give him some and he said that a prophet said that it's against Gods will!" Because of what Dhyemerson said, Daniel stopped drink coffee and has been teaching his family that they can't drink coffee and has been explaining exactly why. It is amazing what they have been doing!! His baptism yesterday was Awesome! His Grandma bore her testimony and told him how proud she was of him. The primary even presented a hymn to him. It was really special for him and his family. His family is coming back to church and they are being blessed in so many ways. When we were in sacrament meeting I sat behind their family and watched and thought about an experience I had last Sunday. Knowing that the love of God is bigger than we can even imagine. It was an amazing blessing just being able to see them all together knowing that this is really what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is really about! Seeing them sitting as a family partaking of God's love! God has given us so many things that we need in our lives.
 
 



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was also had the opportunity to give a baptismal interview with the young man named Wesley. Wesley's interview was great. The spirit helped me in so many ways to know exactly what I needed to say to help him understand Gods love for him. As we talked, he had committed a few sins a little while ago and wasn't sure if God would ever forgive him for his sins. While we talked I was able to share some scriptures that I had found and the experiences that I had knowing that Gods Love is greater than anything we can imagine. He has the faith of Peter knowing that these things are true without having to see. That after he begins to let his faith grow he will have experiences to know that God gave his Only Begotten Son so that all men may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel. I now know what God's love Truly is. God's love is sending his beloved son to suffer for our sins so that each and every one of us may return to live with him in the unit of an eternal family! I know that my Savior lives and that his arms are stretched out wide to embrace us as we repent. The only picture that comes to my mind when I think of standing before my maker is him smiling , arms open, and in a whisper saying "Welcome home my son!" This is the true love of God. Which is shown through his Son Jesus Christ. I know that this gospel is true!! Lets learn more about how we can love our Heavenly Father back. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Elder Stilson



Elder Paez fell asleep before he got all the way in bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment