Monday, December 8, 2014

He is the Gift!

 
Hey everyone! I don't have a lot of time so I am sorry! But this week was amazing! So for the past few weeks the 8 missionaries serving in the city of Linhares along with the Branch have been preparing to do something really big with the new "He is the Gift" project that the Church has put out! Just a quick hint.... EVERYONE GO TO christmas.mormon.org , watch the video, send it to your friends (Especially non-members), share it on facebook, GET THIS THING ROLLING!!! It is so cool! It is just like the video that the church put out for Easter "Because Of Him". I love

these 2 short 2 min. videos!! It shows the real meaning of Christmas. Just as my amazing missionary moms send gifts to us missionaries, the video talks a lot more about the gifts that truly matter and less about the worldly things. Gifts of this world are great and really let us express our love. But why do we celebrate Christmas? It truly should be this great party that everyone talks about. It's a birthday party. It is the best birthday party in the world!! Our Savior was born unto Mary in Bethlehem John 3:16 For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son. I know that He was born to give us eternal life.
Without the Savior, death would be the end, there would only be sadness and there is no hope. I know that Christ is my Savior!! I need him every hour and everyone needs him. He is the King of kings, He came humbly into the world, he suffered FOR US, he died FOR US, he was resurrected FOR US, HE LIVES FOR US!!! His love is greater that we can even imagine. Let us give back. Let us repent of our sins. Let us use the blood that he freely spilt correctly. Let us become His Children. Christ paid the price. He became the Father of our souls but we have to choose to accept this great blessing or not. I do not want


to suffer as he did. I am not perfect and won't be until I am glorified, but I can have an everlasting conversion and be slow to sin but fast to repent. He is the Gift! Let us discover the Gift, let us Embrace the Gift and let us give back and thank Him for all of the Gifts he brought into the world.

 

Love,

Elder Stilson


No comments:

Post a Comment