Friday, October 24, 2014

Birthday Shout Outs!


 
Hey friends and family, I hope you all are doing good. I am doing great! I am learning so many things while helping others come unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To start out I have a lot of BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUTS that I need to give.
 
Happy Birthday Makhai and Happy Birthday Josie!!!! You are both so cute and such special girls!!! I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Uncle Davin! Thanks for the love and support that you have given to me and for being like a second dad to me!

Happy Birthday Uncle D!!! Thanks for all the things that you have taught me as a coach along side with my dad and as my friend! 

Happy Birthday Conner! Hey man, it's been awhile but thanks for all the support. Thanks for being such a great friend and even a better brother. Thanks for taking care of my family while I am gone. My siblings and parents love you and you are a great example to them. Thanks man!

Well this week has been really good. There have been lots of flecks of gold. As a missionary we are here help others come unto Christ. Elder Freire and I are working hard to find those who want to change. This week we only found people to teach out of the MANY people we talked to. The power of the Atonement of our Savior is here and given to everyone freely but a lot of these people aren't ready to accept it yet. I pray every night for these people that they will have another chance to accept this amazing Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We did find an amazing family that we have been able to teach. Their names are Leide Sônia and Camila. These 2 amazing sisters have a great spirit and really want to learn more about the Gospel and to do what the Lord wants them to do. They are very open and have a TRUE desire to learn. This week  we taught them about the blessings of the Atonement in the Plan of Salvation. There was such an amazing spirit in the room that testified to their hearts that these things are true. They truly believe and want these blessings. This week we get to go back and teach about the commandments and how we can all repent. How commandments are given because of the great love that the Lord has for us. They are not restrictions to anything but a way to use our free agency to its best ability. We know that alcohol, drugs, pre marital sex and other things take away our great ability to think straight. Once we are caught into one of these things it is VERY hard to get out of. Satan knows what is pleasing to the carnal mind and knows how destructive these things are. Each and every one of us can be free from these things as long as we have a desire to change. 

Other than this family there really aren't many other investigators that are willing to continue to hear the teachings we have. We teach many lessons during the day and testify to many people about the divinity of our loving Heavenly Father but many reject because they don't want to listen to the sound doctrine because many times it is hard to follow. We are working hard and are striving to be exactly obedient to receive the blessings that our Heavenly Father has for us.

This week President Young asked us all to take a questionnaire about Preach My Gospel. As I took this, I realize that there are many things that I need to work on. Things that I wish I would have learned at the beginning of my mission are coming to the light. For those of you who are planning or not planning on serving a mission, obtain a Preach My Gospel and start studying it now. Those of you who are just members should study it too. It has so many things that can help in your lives as well. We need to know these blessings and promises if we live worthily. Study it cover to cover that way you don't get to your year and a half mark and wish you would have! The best time to plant a tree is yesterday! Go! Plant your tree!!! Members find out how you can help your missionaries serving in your ward or branch. I know the power of preach my gospel. We need these teaching established in EVERY HOME. I am learning more and more every time I read the passages. I am so grateful for the opportunity to Serve the Lord. I love being a missionary. Thank you all for the love and support you give to me.
Love you!!!

Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment