Monday, August 4, 2014

The power of prayer and fasting

 

 
Hey everyone so this week was really good! Besides the bloody humidity of Brasil everything is awesome! J   I have been learning more and more and have had amazing experiences this week!
 

But first off.... Happy Birthday Shea!!! LOVE YOU!!! I can’t believe you are 19!!! And that here in 42 days you will be going into the MTC to start serving the Lord!!! I am so proud of you!!! LOVE YOU SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
This week we had the baptism of Nair. She is the 75 year old lady who completely gave up coffee and was able to change her life around. It was an amazing opportunity to see this little old lady accept the blessings of Baptism. She is super special and it was amazing to see how she has changed her life.

 

We are also met an amazing family. There is a 16 year old girl who has so many questions about the church and the doctrine. It has been awesome being able to teach them and see how much, especially the 16 year old, wants to learn. They have been reading and praying and hopefully this family will accept baptism. We love them so much!!!

 

Above the drying laundry is the only window in Xavier's apartment. Yep, that little hole cut out in the wall, that's their window!
The window from outside looking in!
I don’t have much more time so I am running but this week was great with studying!! I read something that really gave me a better prospective on things.


1 Nephi 1:1  I, Xavier, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
 
 
Due to the things that my parents taught me, I have learned to be a better person and I can really see the blessings of having people in my life who care about me and want what is best for me! Love you Mom and Dad!!!
 

I have also seen the power of prayer and fasting with the blessings that happened with my little brother Tyce after being in the hospital this past week. With the seizure that he had and the test that they ran we will be able to find out what they can do to help him with his epilepsy. I know that the Lord lives and loves each of us and I know that he listens to our prayer and helps us when we need it!! Thanks to all of you who prayed for Tyce with us. I love you all.

 

Elder Stilson

This elder is Ironing his sheets because they didn't dry!

 



 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment