Monday, June 2, 2014

The Things We Learn





Package from Elder Stilson's Missionary Mom's!

Hey everyone!!! It’s another great day here in Brazil!!! The weather is getting colder but everything is going good. It has been hard trying to meet new people to teach but we only have one family that we are working with and it is going really good.  Happy birthday again to Brinners and Grandma I LOVE YOU!!! This week has been full of great things especially with what I am learning. Again I need to send a HUGE shout out to my Missionary Mama’s!!!!! I got my "Bee Box” and it was Awesome! I loved everything, especially seeing how much work each of you moms put into the box. I can tell you all work so hard to try to find different things to help us share the Gospel. I truly felt this week like the sons of Helaman!!! All of my Missionary moms sent something that they learned, we were able to listen to the counsel of our mothers to use and follow the faith of our Mothers. Where, when we go to battle we have nothing to stand in our way. Thank you so much Mama Stilson, Letts, Webb, Harrop, Gittins, Robinson, Shriber and Thacker. You are the best Mom’s any missionary could have!!! Thank you so much, I love you all!!! GRANDE ABRAÇO!!!!


So this week again has been hard finding anyone else to teach. Again there is a lot of "running away" and the little kid that answers the door tells us, "My mom said to tell you that she is not home". Finally I asked one kid where she was hiding and he said "She’s in the closet"..... GREAT ha ha ha, I thought that was pretty funny. One day we were walking on a street and were spit on again. There was a lot of rejection but it was alright. I have somehow been able to keep the faith and keep going. I know that we will find more people to teach.



We are still teaching the family of Marly with her 2 kids! The only problem is that Marly went to Bela Horizonte in Minas Gerais and won’t be back for another week.  It is good though because her daughter is still going to church. EVERYONE including Marly was surprised that her daughter would even walk on the same side of the sidewalk as a church. But it was awesome and she is making friends and really loves what she is learning. We are going to mark a date for her this week so hopefully she will accept. We are really excited for this family!!! Other than this family we have nothing else. We have                                                                                                            a fresh plate this week to fill!! 
    
We will find the people this week and if not… I will still be obedient and wake up at 6:30, study at 8 and work until we find someone. There is no use in wasting my time sitting. I could do that at home where there is carpet and my bed J I am going to do what I have learned, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I will share this message with whoever will listen. This week I have been studying more about the life of Christ again. I have been able to use what the missionary mom’s have sent to learn more about what I can do. I love something that President Hinckley shared in the Athens Creed, that every young man at the age of 17 took:



We will never bring disgrace on this City by an act of dishonesty or cowardice. We will fight for the ideal and sacred things of the City, both alone and with many. We will revere and obey the City's laws, and will do our best to incite a like reverence and respect in those above us who are prone to annul them or set them at naught. We will strive increasingly to quicken the public sense of civic duty. Thus in all these ways we will transmit this City, not only less, but greater and more beautiful that is was transmitted to us.



Each of us has this mission to do, whether it is serving a mission or in our own homes in our own lives. Things happen that we don’t understand but there are so many blessings that we have. I am so grateful for this opportunity to be serving in Brazil to be a part of this great history! There are so many things here that I will truly miss so I need to take everything by what we are given!!! Even though things aren’t always the best, we want more, we need to look at the blessings which we do have! I have the gospel of Jesus Christ and this opportunity to live and breathe and share and sleep 24/7 where I can learn so many great and marvelous things pertaining to this!! And "I believe I am always divinely guided. I believe I will always take the right road. I believe God will always make a way where there is no way" (William Robert Anderson). We have so many things to be grateful for here in the world and the blessings we have are so much greater than the trials we go through! I love the lord and will try to serve him the very best that I can so that I can be noted in the Heavens as a disciple who is following in his footsteps at all times, in all things, and in all places!!! I know that my Redeemer LIVES!



Love,

Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment