Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Like Disneyland Everyday!




Hi everyone, I am here is good ol' Cariacica!! It’s a huge city and I have to say, it’s not the prettiest city I have ever been to. Haha I don’t think I would NEVER live here!!! It is a place that has a lot of money but everything is old and rundown. I am still in areas that are FULL of HUGE morros (hills). I think that there are more MORROS here than in Nanuque!!! It is not fun walking this much haha but it is alright! My area here in Cariacica is absolutely GIGANTIC!!!!


This is what we do everyday...

6:30 wake up and exercise and get ready for the day

8:00 Study

10:30 Leave the house and take a bus to the terminal and find another bus that will HOPEFULLY take us RELATIVELY close to our lunch appointment

12:30 - 1:00 show up at lunch (The goal here is to actually make it to the lunch appointment and not miss or take the wrong bus ha ha)

1:30 - 2:00 leave lunch and take another bus back to the terminal

3:00 take a bus from the terminal to our area... (PS me and my comp are new to the area so it is a lot of “take a shot” and hope to get there haha;)

3:30 - 4:00 get and start working

8:00 Start walking home and make contacts because you WILL get lost!



Yeah, that is pretty much how every day is out here. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you the most exciting part. The bus drivers here have 2 buttons on the bus that say:  "STOP" and "GO". When you are on the bus, well for me at least, you feel like you are riding the Disneyland INDIANA JONES ride. With all of the bumps and hills and everything it is Disneyland everyday haha it is pretty exciting I guess.
This week was good. We have walked and rode buses and walked some more! It was a lot of work trying to find people to teach because the last Elders didn’t record much in the area book. It is really hard especially because our area is so big and we are basically opening another area.  We are working hard and we have found a few people who we are working with and are going to be great investigators. We met one lady, Cleide, who was born and raised in the Catholic Church but she really doesn’t know if it is the "Caminho certo" (right way/path). So when we got there she was really interested and she has ALREADY been praying to know which path is right for her! We taught the first lesson and she was really receptive!


I love a quote that my Nan sent me that has really helped me lately but it goes something like this "I am just a man and I know I can’t do everything. But being a man, I know I can do something. So as a man I will do the one thing that I can do."  I know that there are things going on that I can’t change and I can’t change things that have happened in the past. But being a man, I can change who "I AM". I am grateful that I only have to worry about changing and making myself better. You just can’t worry about other things. My cousin Kameron also sent me a quote from Jeffery R. Holland that talks about how if I want to change something, the first thing I need to do is work harder on me; to better myself and then be an example.  Thank you all for sending letters and emails especially the thoughts and quotes that have helped me when I have needed them most.

I love you all!!!

Elder Stilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment