Monday, April 28, 2014

Pack Your Bags!



Hey everybody! Well this letter isn’t going be very long but I love you all!:)

Yesterday we get a call from our ZL's telling us to pack our bags because me, Elder Martins and Elder Oliveira are being transferred. We were told this around 2:00 and left the city around midnight.  I arrived in my new area at 8:00 this morning. Yes you are right, we just had transfers 1 week ago. I am so sad and a little frustrated because I loved Nuk Nuk and the people there. I feel like there was so much work that we hadn’t finished there. I will now be serving in a city close to Vitória called Caricica. I don’t know much about the area because both and my companion and I are new to this area. Well, we will see how it goes! 

This week we had one baptism of a little girl named Ellen. She is super funny and way cute!! She was baptized and confirmed this week so it was great to see that. We also left a few other people there who are ready to be baptized. I am sad to miss that day for these AWESOME investigators.  It is good for me to have the knowledge that the success on your mission is NOT measured on how many baptisms you have but on how many people you actually help come unto Christ!:) For now the Lord has other work for me to do here in Cariacica. I will try my best to help the people here come unto Christ where they can have the same happiness that I have in the restored gospel!:) Hopefully I will grow to love this area and the people here as much as I have in my other areas.

I have a new companion and he is Brazilian.  Because we just met this morning I can’t remember his name right now but I will tell you all in next week’s email! Haha!;) Well the only other thing for this week is that I want to share with you what I learned studying!:)

In the 44th chapter of Alma is when Moroni has beat Zarahemna in a battle and Moroni tell his people that they beat the Lamanites because the Lord was on their side and that they were truly strengthened with the power of the Lord! Zarahemna then talks to them and says that it was NOT the Lord but it was their Breastplates and their Shields. This is true. But what did Paul teach us about Breastplates and Shields in the Bible? He says that the breastplate is a symbol of Righteousness and the Shield is of Faith. Through the faith and the righteousness of the Nephites they were able to defeat their enemies. This is the promise that the Lord has made to each and every one of His children. If we are righteous and have the faith, Satan has NO power over us! I know these things to be true and I will use MY shield and MY breastplate to make what I can out of this transfer. I know that the Lord lives and looks after His children! 

I love you all so much. I want to thank my Missionary Moms for my Easter Box. I finally got it and I am so excited to have all of these extra missionary tools to teach with. I also want to thank Nan and Bomp for the Institute manual. That has helped me out a ton!!!! Also, thank you all for the letters emails. I am so grateful for all of the things that I have!!! Sorry I am out of time so I wasn’t able to send pictures this week. I will send some next week.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment