Monday, March 17, 2014

A tribute to a friend and brother!

Hey everyone, I will not be sending an update about my mission this week, instead I would rather spend this time sending a tribute to the family of a friend and brother of mine that passed away this week. Miller sealed his life serving the Lord. Thanks for understanding. Hopefully they won’t mind me sharing this letter with you.  Everyone should know what an AMAZING man Miller was!
 
To the Toa Family,

I am not sure if you remember who I am but I am Elder Xavier Stilson. I attended, played football and graduated from Layton High with Miller. Miller was one of the greatest people I know. He always had a very positive attitude and was just happy all of the time! I am serving in the Brasil, Vitória mission and was able to talk to Miller a little while we were serving in the MTC. I received a call from the mission office Friday night late telling me of his accident and passing and it really hit me hard. Miller was a great friend and brother who loved everyone and was truly loved by everyone. He was an amazing athlete; it was a privilege to play with him. Miller was always was there from me! He truly was a brother that was always at my side whenever I needed him. He was one of the most Christ-like people I know. He sealed his life serving our Lord and Savior. And now he has a bigger responsibility helping those on the other side to accept the restored gospel.  He has always been an amazing missionary. I really wish that there was something more that I could do. His death was hard for me and I can’t imagine how you all are feeling. But there is someone who is always there for us. He has a perfected plan for each and every one of us. The Plan of Salvation is probably the most valuable knowledge that I have in my life. To know that there is NO end, just a period where we are temporarily separated.  We can have him ALWAYS with us. I know in my life that I can truly feel the presence of each and every one of my past friends and family members. There are experiences that I remember with them that really help me to continue on with my life. This week I have remembered all of the things that your son has taught me. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me through him! I have a sincere love for each and every one of you and my prayers are with you. Thank you again for everything and if there is anything that I or my family can do to help any one of you please do not hesitate to call or write! My love is always with you.

Miller, God be with you til we meet again!

Love,

Elder Stilson
 
Courtnee Wood and Miller Toa at Xavier's Farewell


Our dear American boy of Samoan and Tongan descent died on March 13, 2014 in an accident while serving in the Micronesia Guam Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  He was born on December 26, 1993 in Torrance, CA to Kaiser Tuiaana Toa and Veisinia Tuakimoana.

Miller was active in the Boy Scouts of America and enjoyed football, rugby, and wrestling.  He attended Layton High School, graduating with Summa Cum Laude in 2012.  He loved the people of Chuuk where he served them as a missionary.

Miller is survived by his parents, sisters Victoria and Ilaisaane, brother Albert, niece Jocelyn, and his grandma Moevanu.

We are so thankful and appreciative of the outpouring of love from family and friends.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 11 a.m. at the Layton Stake Center, 60 Gordon Ave.  Friends may visit family for traditional singing on Friday, March 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lindquist’s Layton Mortuary, 1867 No. Fairfield Road and Saturday from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. at the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment