Monday, December 30, 2013

My First Christmas


Flooding in Brazil

Well this week has been amazing!! We started this week only getting 25 minutes to email last P-day but it was alright because on Wednesday we had a huge blessing of being able to talk to our families. It was amazing to get to talk to my family and both sets of grandparents and Uncle Lane too. Haha but let’s back up a min. This week it flooded SO BAD!! We had poop water again up to my thighs!!! We decided to hold our shoes and walked in our sandals. Yeah super Nasty!!! You don’t look down because you don’t wanna know what just brushed over your feet. On Christmas Eve the water was the deepest. We were walking to give a present to a 6 year old but we didn’t want to walk in the water so we decide to walk on a curb I the middle of the street in sandals. We made it 3 quarters of the way down this street when it happened. I roll my ankle and yep, you guessed it, I fell right in that poop water. I hit my elbows on the curb and it really hurt but it was mostly just DISGUSTING and the other 3 elders just stood there laughing at me. What an amazing day! We ended up walking back to our apartment so I could get cleaned up.
Yep, "X" Fell In



The next day was almost perfect. We ate lunch was with a lady and then after that we got to email and Skype our families. It was Amazing! A perfect Christmas Day!

Gross!!!
The next day was back to work as usual. We had a District meeting and met some amazing people we are excited to teach! One of these people is Elzeni. She is in her 30’s and has some amazing questions about the church and wants to find the truth. She is married and has a 6 yr old daughter. We will teach the daughter from the Book of Mormon Reader.

Friday we had our first lesson with Marcos!! He went to church 2 weeks ago and has sent us messages every day since with his testimony in every single one. He is the most prepared person I have ever met in my life! He reads and studies every night and wants baptized. He and his girlfriend aren’t married but he is working on everything he needs to do to get married. He says he needs baptism in the True church. He is amazing!!! We also taught his daughter who is 10 and wants baptism as well and Marcos is letting her. We will have a baptism service on the 11th of January for her.

Yesterday was nuts. We ran into 2 drunks who were very WEIRD! The first one prayed for us and then yelled at my companion when his eyes weren’t closed! He then gave me a hug and blew us kisses as we walked away. We met the other one while we were walking home last night and she wanted to speak English and tried to drag me into his house... FREAKY! We also were trying to get to an investigators home and we walked through some kids dealing drugs. We know we were blessed that nothing happened to us.

Killer Millipede
The next adventure happened last night when I was taking a shower. A millipede or centipede came up out of the shower drain. From what I understand they are very poisonous here. I grabbed my towel and ran out of the bathroom to get a broom to kill it. He looked like he was from King Kong, HUGE!! I’ll be honest, it really freaked me out!

This morning we made biscuits and gravy with hash browns and eggs.  It was so good and reminded me of home. I love you all and can’t wait to hear from you!!!!
Elder Bybee & Elder Stilson Eating American Biscuits & Gravy


LOVE.

ELDER STILSON

No comments:

Post a Comment