Monday, November 11, 2013

Just Do It!


BOM DIA!!! Well I was transferred!! I am in Vilha Velha! I am in an area called Cobilândia! I absolutely love this area and the people here are great!!! The area is HUGE!!! We are in a trio as well. I’m with Elder Crapo again and Elder M. Silva
Our New District


This week was great and went by SUPER fast! I love when that happens! That means that I am working and loving what I am doing! Our area is flat except for 2 morros or hills. That is where all the houses are at. Now at first I HATED walking them, but now I love it!! They people here are amazing and so willing to accept the gospel!!

This week we had a BAPTISM!!!! Now how baptisms work here is that you have a wedding in the morning then the baptism at night ;) The man that was baptized is Iran! He is big like me and we get along great! He is just awesome!!! His wife doesn’t want to be baptized right now but we are really going to work on her testimony of the BOM!!!


We also have a new investigator named Lorival. We met him this week and he is just a great 71 yr old guy! We went and had some great lessons with him despite our ability to teach PERFECTLY in our companionship. But he was waiting for us on Sunday when we went to pick him up and he really liked church! So this Saturday we have a baptism as well!!

We have also been knocking a lot of doors this week as well. On the morros and have had some success! There are a lot of Catholics and members of the Maranata church who are very happy where they are at right now but we are working hard and I KNOW that we are going to have great success in this area!
I have really figured out why the last 2 transfers felt so slow and it was because of my ATTITUDE!!! As a missionary you can have an amazing experience during your 2 years of service or it can go by SUPER slow. If you have the attitude that you are here to teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and you are ready to do whatever it takes. Decide how you want things to be and then JUST DO IT!!! ONLY YOU have control on what these 2 years are going to be, NOT your companion, NOT your mission president, NOT ANYONE BUT YOU! JUST DO the Lords work and he will bless you and you will ENJOY THE JOURNEY! I remember in Jd. da Penha when we would walk I would basically just look down or in front of me and not think about anything except who do we get to talk to next... Now I am really starting to enjoy the people and what is around me and we all need to do this!

Like yesterday! I SAW FIREFLIES FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! And I wouldn’t have seen them if I wasn’t looking around and enjoying what I have been given!!!

I love you all! I hope everyone will put me on their mailing list for Christmas.  I would love to hear from everyone.

Well I love you all and JUST DO IT!!! Whatever it may be!!
Love,

Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment